New Spin on Cereal

22:46 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Do you like oatmeal?
Do you like cold cereal?
Have you ever thought of eating them together?

You may think I am nuts, but that's what I do. I found this idea in a vegan cookbook. I found a great one that even has a section for campers/backpackers which I love because it's so hard to eat healthfully while camping!

The basic recipe:

Your base is oats and grapenuts (or grapenuts like cereal)

Use more of those than other kinds of cereal.

Add other kinds of non-sweetened cereal. Cheerios, puffed rice, wheat chex etc. Feel free to buy the cheap kind. I like to watch the fiber count of a cereal to know if I'm buying garbage or not.

Mix it all up, add dried fruit if you wish.

To serve, measure out a cup of cereal mix, and stir in a cup of boiled water. Wait a few minutes and eat.

I wasn't too sure about it the first couple times I tried it, but then my body started to crave it. And I love it now!

Make sure to let me know if you try it and what you think.

0 comments: