Vegan "Parmesan" recipe

00:31 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
I thought I would finally post something on this blog. And it's a recipe! One that my family loves. And my family is extremely picky so it's a huge win for me. I bought almonds in bulk a while ago so I see this as a cheap option for me. I can let my kids eat as much as they want on their pizza, spaghetti, salads, whatever. I love that it's not a restricted item. Besides peanut butter and Almond butter, it's the only way I can get a nut in their diets.

I wish I had a picture to put here


Vegan Parmesan

Ingredients:


1 c almonds
1tsp to 1tbsp vegan bouillon (to taste)


Method:

There are two ways to do it. You can soak the almonds, peel them, and then let them dry if you want completely white "parm."
I am too lazy to do that so we have the skins in with flecks of brown in the cheese. My kids don't care and it doesn't alter the taste.

The way I do it:

Toss 1-2 cups of almonds in the blender (I have a blendtec) with the bouillon and blend away until it's all powdered. Some of the almonds closest to the blades turn into a sort of nut butter, but I can break it up and use it as parm.

0 comments: